[Opensim-dev] Mute List OpenSim.ini settings

Shaun T. Erickson sterickson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 13:22:02 UTC 2017

Melanie donated a Mute module that is not ready for a Robust grid to use.
When adding the code, her commit message said:

"[07:12] <cia-opensim>   Donating the Avination Mute Module
[07:12] <cia-opensim>
[07:12] <cia-opensim>   This lived out-of-tree and therefore wasn't part of
the big code
[07:12] <cia-opensim>   drop. It's classic Avination, tied to MySQL and a
direct database
[07:12] <cia-opensim>   connection and I don't have the bandwidth to fix it
to core methods."

So, she donated something to Core OpenSim, that's not ready for Core
OpenSim, and isn't going to fix it for Core OpenSim.

What would we do without her?

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 7:30 AM, Ai Austin <ai.ai.austin at gmail.com> wrote:

> I saw a tweet fro OSGrid saying that the OpenSimlini configuration file
> needed to be changed for the latest OSGrid region addon distribution to
> comment out the mute list related lines...
>
> CHANGE Configuration change to [Messaging] commented the two lines below
> ;MuteListModule = MuteListModule
> ;MuteListURL = http://im.osgrid.org/mute
>
> I also saw Melanie's latest commit to donate a Mute module to the current
> dev master code.
>
> Can someone explain what is needed in the configuration for other ROBUST
> grids (MySQL in my case)  that currently set a Mute URL (a dummy empty
> .php) as usual to make offline IM work.  Do we just leave things as is or
> should we also comment out the custom URL we are using?
>
> Thanks, Ai (Austin)

        -ste