[Opensim-dev] authentication service

Michel Beauregard gimisa at yahoo.fr
Wed May 31 12:41:56 UTC 2017

Digging deeper into my new user creation problem  I found that my problem is in the way I split the service from the remaining of services in my two instance of robust server.

The reference on how to do that is here: http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Shared_Services_Configuration
The situation is that the new user creation process don’t reach the auth database to create the password entry .The userAccount configuration is as follow with connector to authentication service on the other robust instance.

[UserAccountService]
    ; for the server connector
    LocalServiceModule = "OpenSim.Services.UserAccountService.dll:UserAccountService"
    ; Realm = "useraccounts"

    ; These are for creating new accounts by the service
    AuthenticationService = "OpenSim.Services.AuthenticationService.dll:AuthenticationServiceConnector"    .......
[AuthenticationService]
    AuthenticationServerURI = "http://192.168.2.xxx:yyyy"
The other robust instance authentication service is as default local to that robust instance.

The new user is created normally in userAccount database and If I add manually  the password  entry in the auth database  of the other robust instance everything works fine.
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Auth
Thanks for your time reading this ...
GiMiSa