[Opensim-dev] Question: would it be possible to add Havok to opensimulator..??

Haravikk opensim at haravikk.me
Tue Dec 19 15:19:30 UTC 2017

> On 19 Dec 2017, at 14:31, André Verwijs <dutch.glory at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> i don't think Firestorm viewer devs are paying that.
> or made a deal with SL ..

Firestorm doesn't have to, because they're not the ones running havok; physics for SL and OpenSim are both handled by the simulator, so they're server side only. All the viewer has to do is show you what happens.

I don't think havok is an option unless they ever start offering a free license for non-profit uses; but as far as I'm aware it doesn't support OpenCL anyway, so Bullet is actually a better option anyway if you can throw some OpenCL capable hardware at it.