[Opensim-dev] Latif Kalifa

Morgaine morgaine.dinova at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 5 20:29:29 UTC 2016

Latif was a founding light in open virtual worlds, a light that shone
strongly and helped illuminate the way as we began to explore this new
frontier.  He enjoyed that exploration immensely, and he was a dedicated
and very talented software engineer.  We benefited greatly and repeatedly
from his work, and from his friendship.

I hope that virtual worlds will remember his many contributions, perhaps in
a way that has a degree of permanence.  As virtual places gain maturity and
recognition, our friend has earned rememberance not only among developers,
and not only in memorials, but also in place names used daily by the
inhabitants of worlds which his work has inspired.  He created the
foundations of worlds, quite literally.

I will never forget Latif.  His work and his person contributed to my own
interest in this area, and his efforts were sterling.  He has earned his
place in history.

Morgaine.

(Thank you Diva for your homage.  It was spot on in every respect.)