[Opensim-dev] Working to a 0.9.0 release

Mister Blue misterblue at misterblue.com
Mon Jun 13 13:58:49 UTC 2016

Hello All:

There is an effort to create the version 0.9.0 release of OpenSimulator.
This means a concerted effort to stomp some of the bugs that have been
holding it back.

http://opensimulator.org/wiki/0.9_Bug_List/ captures the bugs that need
squishing before the release. Everyone can add additional bugs to this
list, but only the ones that are properly reported (i.e. with clear steps
to reproduction) will be given attention.

Focus will be on what are considered the 'show stoppers' from general use
of the new release so don't expect every known problem to be addressed.

The 'show stopper'  list will probably grow before it shrinks, but, to get
to the root of the bugs we need testers and debuggers to help find the
problems.

Join us on the IRC channel (freenode:#opensim-dev), this mailing list, in
Mantis (http://opensimulator.org/mantis) and by generally providing support
and we will get an improved OpenSimulator ready for its next release.