[Opensim-dev] Current Status of OpenSim Git Master

Melanie melanie at t-data.com
Sat Nov 21 20:59:13 UTC 2015

OpenSim should identify itself as 0.9.0-dev on the master branch.
I'm not in a place where I can access to change that but it has been
decided there will never be an 0.8.3, so that will change.

The download filenames are not something that we "set" but something
git generates. In order to not create a tag forest and make things
hard on everyone, it will not include either a nano version nor the
string -dev. Sorry about that but that has to be carefully
maintained and it isn't important enough to waste a person's time on.

Finally, the g can't be removed, it comes directly from the output
of git describe. Complaints to Linus Torvalds, please ;)

- Melanie