[Opensim-dev] Current Status of OpenSim Git Master

Tom Frost tomfrost at linkwater.org
Sat Nov 21 10:43:44 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 06:03:48PM -0500, Kevin Cozens wrote:
> On 15-11-20 10:51 AM, Blake wrote:
> >Is there a summary of the new functionality from the avnmerge somewhere?
>
> A file was created containing one line summaries of the change log
> entries for the avnmerge branch. The original file had over 3,000
> lines (or was it over 3,500?). I've gone through the file a few
> times and cut out a lot of entries that were about code merges, test
> patches, and other lines that conveyed no useful information.

In the future, it is maybe preferable to have commits link to mantis
tickets (which are bugs or new features added). That way, we can simply
aggregate all the commits, find the corresponding issues in mantis and
generate the release notes list from that.

> The file still contains 2,378 change log entries which need to be
> summarized in some more easily digestible format. I'm not sure where
> to post the file. It may need a community effort to go through the
> changes and generate a useful summary.

For a community effort, my instincts say the wiki (on opensimulator.org)
would be a good place..

Thanks,

Tom