[Opensim-dev] Harvesting code from forks of Opensim

Diva Canto diva at metaverseink.com
Wed May 27 14:00:33 UTC 2015

On 5/26/2015 6:24 PM, W Smith wrote:
> So, back to my original question, will this be likely to be acceptable?

We accept any contribution that has ALL of the following properties:

- It honors software licenses
- It improves OpenSim in ways that we can agree
- It does what it's supposed to do
- It doesn't break anything else
- It doesn't cause too much disruption in terms of configuration and 3rd
party development(*)

(*) good, disruptive contributions are also welcome, but they need to be
broken down into less disruptive smaller chunks over time, so that users
and 3rd party developers have a chance to catch up in manageable ways

In the case of missing ll functions and ll functions with bugs,
contributions are always very welcome and relatively painless to
integrate, as those tend to be isolated from everything else.