[Opensim-dev] Harvesting code from forks of Opensim

Diva Canto diva at metaverseink.com
Tue May 26 22:34:33 UTC 2015

It would be great if ppl would stay within the scope of the original
question. I believe the question has been answered already, at least
partially -- it boils down to the license of the project from where the
code is taken. While that covers 80% of the issue, the other 20% has to
do with the origin of the code. Is the code original to the
license-compatible project from where it is taken or was it added there
from some other project that has an incompatible license? In other
words, is that project in violation of a 3rd project's license? This
second part is a bit more tricky. If you didn't write the code yourself,
please make sure that the piece of code you're bringing to opensim is
clean and has no strings attached.

The above is generic. In the particular case of ll functions implemented
in C#, it will be unlikely to find an open source project within the
opensim ecosystem that is not BSD. If anyone knows of one, I'd like to
know, so to be on the lookout.