[Opensim-dev] load region information/data from online (grid mode only of cource)

David Saunders abitar.com at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 15:07:53 UTC 2015

Our grid has 80 sims, We been using URI for the sim configuration and the
region config.  But for sim config we have only parts that we want to
configure per simulator. and the rest is in normal  ini files.  We load
about 25 to 30 lines into the sim config from the web( as XML) and load the
rest from ini  in  a common directory on the local hard drive for the sim.
and he region config is fully loaded from the web.

But along the lines of the email here an example what we use for region data

<Nini>
  <Section Name="Region Test" >
      <Key Name ="RegionUUID"  Value =
"e9df2260-fba1-11e2-9001-00219ba56628" />
      <Key Name ="Location"  Value = "9999,9990" />
      <Key Name ="RegionLocX"  Value = "9999" />
      <Key Name ="RegionLocY"  Value = "9990" />
      <Key Name ="MaxPrims"  Value = "15000" />
      <Key Name ="InternalAddress"  Value = "0.0.0.0" />
      <Key Name ="InternalPort"  Value = "9295" />
      <Key Name ="ExternalHostName"  Value = "192.168.0.201t" />
      <Key Name ="AllowAlternatePorts"  Value = "False" />
  </Section>
</Nini>

We populate this with data from a mysql database and php script.  Ever
since I got the format and values all correct it been running nearly 2
years now.

David.