[Opensim-dev] load region information/data from online (grid mode only of cource)

Dutch Glory dutch.glory at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 19 13:44:21 UTC 2015

Thank you...

Would be cool on OSGRID but you need a stable connection to load everything. ...

Verzonden via Yahoo Mail op Android

Van:"Michael Heilmann" <mheilman at ist.ucf.edu>
Datum:do, mrt. 19, 2015 om 13:47
Onderwerp:Re: [Opensim-dev] load region information/data from online (grid mode only of cource)

On MOSES, we had been loading the configuration files across the network
1-2 years back.  However, it was unreliable (failing to load the url for
unknown reasons), and sometimes did not behave as expected (some values
did not appear to be respected).  The functionality appears to be rarely
used by other grids, so the testing is low.  We now have a monitoring
process on our region host that pulls the remote config from the url,
and then writes the expected OpenSim.ini file before starting
OpenSim.exe.  The reliability and behaviour improved when we made the
switch.

Michael Heilmann
Research Associate
Institute for Simulation and Training