[Opensim-dev] PhysX Integration into OpenSim

Michael Emory Cerquoni nebadon2025 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 02:51:02 UTC 2015

on a other note, if GPU support is the end goal for MOSES team, it should
be noted that Bullet also can do GPU support and even multi-threaded cpu
support, as it stands right now its only single thread for Bulletsim,
though it can be loaded into a separate thread removed from the simulator
heartbeat, it should also be noted that very little effort has gone into
fully optimizing what Bullet could potentially do in OpenSimulator.  I do
kind of wonder why the choice to not improve this effort instead of trying
to re-invent the wheel so to speak with yet another platform that
ultimately is not all that much better than Bullet in the end and
potentially not cross platform. I must admit my interest will be very
limited if I am required to use MIAB and likely would not do much testing
myself if that is the case, also I would have absolutely no interest at all
if it turns out to not have cross platform support though I am not sure
that is true.

--
Michael Emory Cerquoni