[Opensim-dev] Frame rates in OpenSim and SL and what I have seen.

steve l salbiedermann at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 20:03:23 UTC 2015

Thank you Michael for your insight into this- I am at the FCVW and the
frame rates are generally higher here than what I have been seeing lately.
My iMac is late 2009 so it has a 512mb graphics card which struggled with
Oculus Rift when I was trying it out. I had to go and buy a 4GB graphics
card for a Win 7 machine I have to actually use the Rift.

On OpenSim part of what you are saying is that a light region with less
prims is going to give a better frame rate than a heavier region with more
prims?

I am going to do some tests with the Win machine and see if there are big
differences in usability. It might be time to think about a new Mac!

Steve LaVigne/ Steve Franklin inworld