[Opensim-dev] Finding which modules, addins and pluigins are installed or available

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 10:15:54 UTC 2015

We have different and incomplete mechanisms now for listing the
modules, addins and so on in Robust.exe and OpenSim.exe consoles

plugin list available  (Robust.exe)
plugin list installed (Robust.exe)

show modules (OpenSim.exe)

Would it be worth having a single scheme in both consoles?

Also, I am talking with Diva about this, but it seems that some
addins can run in both Robust.exe and OpenSim.exe (e.g. for
standalones).. But there appears to be no mechanism other than
through custom registry and configuration files locations to tell
them they should not run. If so, perhaps a separate DEFAULT config
(or perhaps also registry) directory would be wise?  I am using

./config-addon-robust
./config-addon-opensim

Also, would it be worth having the default .ini config files or
.ini.example files in any addin be set to disabled (enabled = false)
to save them trying to load and run before proper configuration.