[Opensim-dev] Comments or quick feedback on an OpenSim Github Commit

Mike Chase mike.chase at alternatemetaverse.com
Sat Jan 10 14:42:37 UTC 2015

Why would it be committer only?

You could certainly use pull requests.  Changes get made on a branch and
then a pull request is issues.  There can be review comments based on
the pull request.  Presumably at some point someone on the core team can
apply the pull request and get the commit into master.

A very common workflow in use all over today.  I think it would be
beneficial to adopt it.  More learning opportunities and chances for
comment as things go into MASTER.  But its extra process and the core
team or a core member would have to own accepting changes after the
review period completes.

Mike