[Opensim-dev] OpenSim - New Mumble/Murmur Module

Terry Ford terry at digitalworldsgroup.com
Mon Jan 5 01:39:38 UTC 2015

Hi All,

Digital Worlds Group, LLC has recently contracted with a viewer
developer to help us to create a new Murmur/Mumble Voice solution for
OpenSim.
We have most of this solution ready for use, but it does need some
further work.

The solution requires viewer code, opensim code, and the murmur server
to be installed and used.
We currently have a version of Firestorm with the required code.
This viewer code will be on a publicly accessible git repository for all
to access and should be easy for all other viewers to grab and include
in those releases as well.

This solution uses the latest available release of the Murmur Server.

We plan to release the OpenSim code as Open Source as well, and intended
on using a BSD 3 clause license, but we want to ensure that any and all
future changes to this code are contributed back to the community.
We hope our code will be included into OpenSim core so that everyone can
benefit, but we want to know if anyone would take issue with an included
clause that specify all changes to the code be contributed back to the core?

Commercial or private use of the code will be permitted for any use,
without exclusions, but we want to make sure that everyone can benefit
from any changes others make as well, making this a true community owned
project.

Anyone have any reservations about such a declaration in our license?

Thanks.