[Opensim-dev] MOSES patch submitted (UNCLASSIFIED)

Dahlia Trimble dahliatrimble at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 22:01:48 UTC 2015

It is indeed unfortunate that questionable results may have been
propagated. Please bear in mind that few, if any, developers of
OpenSimulator have committed to producing a software which is intended for
such purposes. There are likely many artifices in OpenSimulator and in 3D
graphics applications in general. I would *strongly suggest* that those who
attempt to use the software for such purposes take responsibility for
understanding the applicability of this software for their purposes.

I will also suggest that a review of the license for OpenSimulator might be
in order, quoted here for your convenience:

 * modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are
met:
 *     * Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
 *       notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
 *     * Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyrightD
 *       notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
 *       documentation and/or other materials provided with the
distribution.
 *     * Neither the name of the OpenSimulator Project nor the
 *       names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote
products
 *       derived from this software without specific prior written
permission.
 *
 * THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE DEVELOPERS ``AS IS'' AND ANY
 * EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED
 * WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE
 * DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY
 * DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL
DAMAGES
 * (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR
SERVICES;
 * LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED
AND
 * ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR
TORT
 * (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF
THIS
 * SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE."