[Opensim-dev] Item description should be varchar(84) or varchar(64)?

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 08:45:22 UTC 2014

I note that items that I did a "take copy" on as a HG visitor the
OSCC14 conference grid had their description truncated from 84
characters? to 64 characters in all cases on the assets appearing
back on the Openvue grid (on r/247669).

The issue is that permissions/attribution information in the
description including URLs are truncated and thus not valid.

Could it just be that my schema at some stage got changed to

      varchar(64)

and that it actually should be varchar(84)?

If so is there a simple SQL command to amend that without messing everything up?