[Opensim-dev] SimulatorExtraFeatures Service

Shaun T. Erickson ste at smxy.org
Thu Jul 31 04:14:02 UTC 2014

A little background:

The purpose of my suggesting this is so that on HG TP into a region, the
Destination Guide URL in the viewer can be switched to one for that
grid, so that when you go to another grid, you can see their guide
instead of your grid's guide (which your viewer is configured with when
you log in. This provides an easy, built-in way for grids to tell you
about their points of interest.

Personally, I think this should stay a grid-level value, that regions
shouldn't be able to override, as then they would/could usurp the grid's
guide. Others had a different opinion.

Sending it to the region then up via the extras, seemed the right way to
do this as this is an optional setting and we already send some optional
things up to the viewer this way. LiruCookies and lkalif are
already/about to implement the viewer side of this, expecting
destination-guide-url to be sent up via the extras.

-ste (smxy)