[Opensim-dev] OSCC14 Conference Update - Proposal Deadline Tomorrow 7/15!

Fleep Tuque fleep513 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 20:08:42 UTC 2014

A quick update on the OpenSimulator Community Conference 2014 planning!

*Deadline Extension Reminder - Proposals Due 7/15!*

We extended the deadline for conference proposals to 7/15, which is
tomorrow, so a quick reminder to make sure you get your proposals in before
the deadline! A couple of people have let us know they intend to submit a
proposal but are worried they won't be able to make the deadline, so just
let us know if you have a proposal in progress and we'll work with you.

To submit your proposal, see:
http://conference.opensimulator.org/2014/call-for-proposals/

*Volunteer Orientation & Building Team Meeting*
*Saturday, 7/19 at 8AM PDT / 3PM UTC/GMT*

We'll be holding the first Volunteer Orientation meeting this coming
Saturday, July 19th at 8AM PDT/3PM GMT on the conference grid. Following
the orientation session, the Building Team will have a separate meeting to
sort out access and permissions and go over the building plan.

We need volunteers of all kinds, but especially greeters, moderators, and
Streaming Team volunteers.  If you haven't yet signed up, please do so
before this Saturday so we can get you in the group!

To sign up to be a volunteer, visit:
http://conference.opensimulator.org/2014/staff/call-for-volunteers/

*Crowdfunder Campaign Update - **20 supporters have raised $1,295*!

We are tremendously thankful to those who have contributed to the OSCC14
Crowdfunder Campaign, and invite you to check out the various perk packages
that are available for donations starting at $10 USD. Funds raised go to
support the costs to run and produce the conference and we're hoping to
raise enough this year to add some nice "extras" like ad free streaming on
the video channels. In addition, donations are tax deductible for US
residents!

To contribute to the Crowdfunder Campaign, visit:
http://conference.opensimulator.org/2014/sponsors/crowdfunder-campaign/

*Sponsorship Opportunities Available*

In addition to the Crowdfunder Campaign, there are also sponsorship
opportunities for individuals and organizations who wish to have a higher
visibility presence at the conference. Starting at $500 USD, see the
Sponsorship page for more details and information about the available
levels of sponsorship. Changes from last year include sponsorship booths on
the conference Landing regions and Breakout regions for greater visibility
and more foot traffic!

To find more information about being a sponsor, see:
http://conference.opensimulator.org/2014/sponsors/call-for-sponsors/

Many thanks to all who have already volunteered, submitted a proposal,
sponsored, or donated to the conference, and we look forward to seeing your
proposals and meeting the volunteer team this weekend!

Sincerely,

- Chris/Fleep

*Chris Collins (Avatar: Fleep Tuque)*

Chair, OpenSimulator Community Conference 2014
http://conference.opensimulator.org

Vice President, AvaCon, Inc.

275 Winthrop Street

PO Box 618

Rehoboth, MA 02769-1819

(774) 654-0010

info at avacon.org

http://avacon.org

*AvaCon, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization* dedicated to
promoting the growth, enhancement, and development of the metaverse,
virtual worlds, augmented reality, and 3D immersive and virtual spaces.
This email and any files transmitted with it may be confidential,
privileged, or otherwise protected by legal rules and are intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you
have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately.
 AvaCon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.