[Opensim-dev] BulletSim update for Windows and linkset crashes

Aine aine.caoimhe at rogers.com
Mon Dec 1 21:01:51 UTC 2014

I've encountered this issue and my solution was a relatively straight-forward one. In the NPC script's changed event (change & CHANGED_REGION_START) I set a timer of 120 sec (or pick a suitable value) and then do the rez & sit from the timer. If I need that timer for something else later, I just set a global flag for it first (integer flag timerToRezNpc=TRUE) and test that at the top of my timer event...if true I do the rez then set the new timer (if needed) and if false proceed to whatever else the timer is normally needed for. That 120sec initial buffer gives the region time to finish processing the bulk of its start-up stuff before hitting it with the NPC activation.