[Opensim-dev] BulletSim update for Windows and linkset crashes

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 13:45:22 UTC 2014

At 12:00 01/12/2014, Mister Blue wrote:
>I just checked into the 'master' branch an updated version of BulletSim
>that hopefully fixes Mantis 7371 [1] and Mantis 7364 [2] and 7191 [3]. The
>changes are a new compilation that seems to fix the Windows mesh crash and
>additionally adds 'incomplete linkset' logic that should reduce the errors
>caused by linksets waiting for assets to be fetched.
>
>I'm sure the bleeding edge testers will find the problems

Thanks Mister Blue... I will test soon on Openvue and Ailand grids.

I have a question... in one region I have an NPC that is
automatically refreshed after a new OpenSim version is installed and
restarted.... and the behaviour of this NPC after its created i to
immediately sit in the pilot seat or a vehicle that itself is a very
complex multi-part mesh (my Supercar test mesh)

Could that cause any specific issues on fresh OpenSim build for
region startup if the linkset is large and postboy delayed past the
point where the NPC attempts the automated sit down?