[Opensim-dev] thinking about a viewer

Zadark Portal zadarkportal at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 15:39:36 UTC 2014

Mr Blue

Thank you for raising the question..

The viewer functionality should focus on user experience. Very
sophisticated graphic and animation design applications are available for
content creation. Bridging tools would be a better alternative to complex
 viewer interfaces.

A single topology may not be a viable option, especially when taking into
account the diverse resources and location of participants . One approach
here would be to distribute critical processing dynamically between the
viewer and server.  Distribution being the product of communication
bandwidth, local processing capabilities and  level of detail definition.

The development iterations that constitute the current permissions system
means to me that evolution is not an option. Fundamental to any 3D
environment is content and unless a flexible authentication and
authorisation framework can be devised content distribution will always be
problematic, thereby stifling creativity and innovation.

IMHO this would have made an engaging in-world keynote debate. It would
signal

to the  community Opensim progressive commitment to virtual world
technology.

Yo