[Opensim-dev] thinking about a viewer

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 12:15:55 UTC 2014

On Tue, 5 Aug 2014 07:42:16 -0400 "Ovi Chris Rouly" <maelzel at ieee.org>
wrote:

> Dear Devs,
>
> I have been needing a viewer that is compact, has only MINIMAL
> features (strong log-in "key" open/run protection, prompt for
> iNet-target address input, 8-dof navigation
> [frt,rgt,fwd,rev,up,dwn,yaw-l, yaw-r], TP-prompting, display of
> "other" avatar name, runnable versions for Windows/Apple, and very
> very little else) FOREVER!  Such a viewer would allow me to give my
> Sponsors view-only access to my work.  I would pay a license fee per
> copy too.

Some of the viewer developers have been known to write custom viewers
for money.  Me for instance.  B-)

You can contact me off list if you like.

I have also been working on a new viewer from scratch that does things
differently internally, but uses modules to interface to other systems,
massaging the internal protocols to what ever protocols are needed for
the external system.  So that's the revolutionary approach for me.