[Opensim-dev] Negative z values

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 10:54:50 UTC 2014

I thought we meant leaving the default water height at 20m
(adjustable on a region basis) but allow terrain levels that can go
negative (and now be fixed at no lower than 0m.

BulletSim though is the default physics engine, so it would be good
to establish/know if BulletSim can easily be amended to cope with -ve
terrain levels or if it must stay at the current 0m as the lowest
level possible. I just raised a mantis issue to establish that.

There are a few places in viewers editing dialogues where an
assumption of z=0m base is assumed... but with OpenSim variants of
modern viewers those may be able to be fixed.  One I just reported is at

http://jira.phoenixviewer.com/browse/FIRE-13582