No subject

Sat Apr 19 02:14:48 UTC 2014

evolution of virtual worlds.  It is no surprise that most Opensim developers
wish to go beyond that first step, learning from past mistakes and finding
better models for the future.

I mentioned earlier our work at the IETF on new VW protocols, in which LL
are a leading party --- see  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ogpx ,
the mailing list of the VWRAP working group.  What may surprise you is that
even Lindens know that the current SL is not a good model for the future,
which is why the protocols being discussed go far beyond their legacy ones.
Indeed, Lindens will be facing a huge rewrite if this work bears fruit.
When even Lindens don't wish their future to be constrained by the current
SL design because they know its many problems, this really highlights how
bad it would be for the Opensim team to do so. :-)

I hope that one or more of these issues resonates with you, and makes it a
bit clearer why Opensim really cannot afford to align itself with SL.  There
is no future in looking backwards.

Morgaine.