[Opensim-dev] move some parameters between inis

Kevin Cozens kevin at ve3syb.ca
Tue Oct 15 06:16:17 UTC 2013

On 13-10-14 11:43 PM, ssm2017 wrote:
> what do you think about moving :
> - database settings from GridCommon.ini to OpenSim.ini (because it is not
> concerning the grid itself)

There is a reason as to which settings are in OpenSim.ini and which are in
one of the ini files in config-include but I don't know what it is off-hand.
It would seem to make sense to have the database settings in OpenSim.ini as
they would apply whether running in grid mode or standalone.

> - datasnapshot groups, profiles, offline ims from OpenSim.ini to
> GridCommon.ini (because it is concerning the grid and not the simulator itself)

These settings should not be moved. They are not just for grid use.

> im asking this because as a grid maintainer, i would prefer to only give the
> GridCommon.ini file to the people and let them do what they want with
> OpenSim.ini

I don't follow what you are saying here.

BTW, the above are just my thoughts. I'm not a core developer of OpenSim. I
run it locally in standalone mode for testing and for building items, and I
also help maintain a grid.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.