[Opensim-dev] PostgreSQL data module for OpenSim

Fernando Francisco de Oliveira fernando at oliveira.eti.br
Sat Oct 12 13:39:16 UTC 2013

my intention with the project was to add new features and not replace them.
With a database like postgresql, we can cover more users, and many of them
in the corporate environment.
Database migration is an option, and I'm working on a tool to cover who
want to do it.

I saw some advantages using postgresql, but it's necessary to do more
benchmarks to see how its behavior under pressure.
This was a little test :
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iPjAItQPNQCUagROLogf6GZH3NdPE_Wtn2KtAIhYwyE/edit?usp=sharingless

Fernando Oliveira
http://oliveira.eti.br