[Opensim-dev] Mantis 5122: Objects such as avatar hair still appears in center hud position

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 09:43:59 UTC 2013

kenvc, can yiu please reopen this Mantis entry..

Its definitely not fixed.  I observed the same problem just a few
weeks ago in a fresh 0.7.6 dev master using a new MySQL data base and
all content loaded from saved OARS and IARs.  So its not legacy data
base or things like that.  I now know its one save OAR that must have
allowed this thruogh

It shows a pink hair attachment appearing in the middle of the screen
when any avatar (including HG visitors) with a HUD of any kind (not
just an AO) is in use. It looks the same as the snapshot attached to
the mantis entry with files name...

2012-10-13-OpenSim-0.7.5-OSGrid-Vue-6400-Central-HUD.jpg

I managed this time to track down the item via its UUID in the data
base and deleted it manually there and the issue went away.  But of
course that means any OARs out that that has this buggy item in it
will reappear at any time.

I can add this note as a comment to the Mantis area if you wish.

I always note that a problem with Mantis is that once closed normal
reporter style users cannot add further comments, or change the
status to open to allow them to be added.  Is that right?