[Opensim-dev] 0.7.5 rc1, missing support for the DTL/NSL module

What Virtual World - Guy Quicksand guy at whatvirtualworld.com
Sun Jan 6 14:15:06 UTC 2013

Hello all.. hope to post this to the right section.

I have been trying to update our beta simulators to 0.7.5 rc1.
It seems it has a problem at the mono.addins.

Error log(part):
log4net:ERROR DefaultRepositorySelector: Unhandled exception in GetInfoForAssembly
System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Mono.Addins, Versi
on=0.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0738eb9f132ed756' or one of its depe
ndencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly
 reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
File name: 'Mono.Addins, Version=0.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0738eb......

I have done next:
replaced :
bin/Mono.Addins.CecilReflector.dll
bin/Mono.Addins.Setup.dll
bin/Mono.Addins.dll
from git :
203b492 ( same error )
5732ce9 ( breaks )
13c4fd7 ( current running simulator, but it breaks the 0.7.5 rc1 )

0.7.5 rc1 runs fine on my win7 box.
It will not on the win 2008 servers wich are running our production grid.
The last git we used was 13c4fd7 and it runs without any isues.

After migrating our bete simulator on the win 2008 box:
The robust seem to run fine, the simulator has the error but does not break so that it will exit.

Isues wich are not working now on the latest 0.7.5 rc1 ( wich has the isue ):
Search module is not working.. it gets results but not from the grid.. ( is it running SqlLite ? )
DTL/NSL module is not working at all.

On the Win7 box where i installed a recent backup of the grid ( use it as beta grid ) everything works without any isues after updating to 0.7.5 rc1.
It seems something to do with Windows 2008 running the last 0.7.5 rc1 as earlier versions ( git 13c4fd7 is still running on it as our production grid )

NOTE:
I also compiled the last known DTL/NSL module .( wich was for 0.7.5Dev ) and opensim 0.7.5 rc1 so we had an unmodified setup to test with.
I have it all working on the win7 beta box.
Also copied a working simulator ( including asset/inventory robust instance ) from the win7 box to the win2008 server.

We are running
Windows 2008  RC2 Enterprise
Service pack 1
.NET framework 3.5.1
AMD FX-8120 Eight-core Processor

As i dont like to put our grid offline for a run and trial on the .net setup....
What has been changed after 13c4fd7 wich can cause this?
Maybe .net isues?
Any ideas?