[Opensim-dev] GIt master is broken until further notice

Mister Blue misterblue at misterblue.com
Fri Dec 13 19:27:04 UTC 2013

I will generalize these after you have added the functions because there
are other uses for being able to 'pickup' and move physics state. The
functions should be more general than just "get vehicle state". For
instance, BulletSim is getting an extension to linksets which allows
linkset links to be other than static constraints (slider, hinge, 6DoF,
...) and the linkset specification also needs transferring.

The returned vehicle state should be a dictionary or OSDMap and not a
structure. This makes the interface contract looser but allows extensions.

One technique I've used to extend the physics interface is, since
PhysicsScene is a class, to add a virtual method to PhysicsScene and
override it in any physics engine that implements that method. That way I
don't have to tweak all the different physics engines since a default
function exists.

--m b