[Opensim-dev] AddRegion() not triggered

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 19 21:48:12 UTC 2013

On 17/04/13 14:30, FoTo50 wrote:
> Hi Justin
>
> My other 2 modules (search and profile) do not run into this issue, allthough they are more or less structured the same
> way. The money module is like all my others a shared module. When I add debug lines to the log, I can see it running
> through "Initialise(IConfigSource source)" and then never hear/read anything of it anymore. Not AddRegion() or
> RegionLoaded() or anything else ... and it either receives AddRegion for all regions or for none. When I check with
> "show modules" it tells me that it is not even loaded (running here 0.7.5 stable btw), allthough some custom console
> commands of the module are working.

Perhaps you could pastebin the module code if it's not confidential so we can take a quick look (though personally I
probably won't get a chance until Monday).

> Thanks for the hint with the log level of "RegionModulesControllerPlugin". Turning this to "DEBUG" I get sometimes a
> line (when it loads correctly) like:
>
> DEBUG - OpenSim.ApplicationPlugins.RegionModulesController.RegionModulesControllerPlugin [REGIONMODULE]: Deferred load
> of jOpenSimMoneyModule
> and a bit later then
> DEBUG - OpenSim.ApplicationPlugins.RegionModulesController.RegionModulesControllerPlugin [REGIONMODULE]: Adding scene
> testregion to shared module jOpenSimMoneyModule (deferred)
>
> ... but when it fails, it writes only the first one and then later it adds the BetaGridLikeMoneyModule instead,
> allthough this should be disabled by configuration in OpenSim.ini:

At the moment, by default OpenSimulator loads all modules even if they are disabled in their individual configurations
(e.g. by Enabled = false).  This is wasteful and confusing.  I believe there is a mechanism for preventing load
altogether but I haven't used it myself so I don't remember what it is (not very useful, I know).  I will try and have a
look next week.

> [Startup]
> economymodule = jOpenSimMoneyModule
>
> Also something "interesting": once it failed to startup correct, it will fail to startup correct most of time later at
> restart. Renaming the containing folder helps sometimes ?!?!?

Perhaps the Mono addins cache is getting corrupted, even though we haven't seen this for a long time.  You might want to
try deleting bin/addin-db-001 before restarting if this happens.

> Greetz
> Georg
>

> Am 16.04.2013 22:37, schrieb Justin Clark-Casey:
>> I'm not sure what would cause this behaviour, since AddRegion() should always be triggered on startup and if there was
>> a general problem then there would be many problems with core modules.
>>
>> Do any other modules suffer this issue?  Is this a shared or non-shared module?  Does the module receive AddRegion for
>> other regions?  Does the module receive other events?
>>
>> You can see more information on module startup if you change the RegionModulesControllerPlugin log level in
>> OpenSim.exe.config.  In fairly recent dev versions of OpenSimulator there is also a "show modules" command which will
>> show loaded modules.
>>
>> On 16/04/13 16:01, FoTo50 wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Developing a third party (currency) module I run into some strange behaviour. Sometimes AddRegion() is triggered at
>>> startup, sometimes it is not triggered. Does somebody know what could cause this behaviour? (running on several
>>> plattforms, but mostly under linux/mono 2.10.8.1)
>>>
>>> Greetz
>>> FoTo50 alias Georg

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
OSVW Consulting