[Opensim-dev] AddRegion() not triggered

FoTo50 info at foto50.com
Wed Apr 17 13:30:19 UTC 2013

Hi Justin

My other 2 modules (search and profile) do not run into this issue,
allthough they are more or less structured the same way. The money
module is like all my others a shared module. When I add debug lines to
the log, I can see it running through "Initialise(IConfigSource source)"
and then never hear/read anything of it anymore. Not AddRegion() or
RegionLoaded() or anything else ... and it either receives AddRegion for
all regions or for none. When I check with "show modules" it tells me
that it is not even loaded (running here 0.7.5 stable btw), allthough
some custom console commands of the module are working.

Thanks for the hint with the log level of
"RegionModulesControllerPlugin". Turning this to "DEBUG" I get sometimes
a line (when it loads correctly) like:

DEBUG -
OpenSim.ApplicationPlugins.RegionModulesController.RegionModulesControllerPlugin
[REGIONMODULE]: Deferred load of jOpenSimMoneyModule
and a bit later then
DEBUG -
OpenSim.ApplicationPlugins.RegionModulesController.RegionModulesControllerPlugin
[REGIONMODULE]: Adding scene testregion to shared module
jOpenSimMoneyModule (deferred)

... but when it fails, it writes only the first one and then later it
adds the BetaGridLikeMoneyModule instead, allthough this should be
disabled by configuration in OpenSim.ini:

[Startup]
economymodule = jOpenSimMoneyModule

Also something "interesting": once it failed to startup correct, it will
fail to startup correct most of time later at restart. Renaming the
containing folder helps sometimes ?!?!?

Greetz
Georg