[Opensim-dev] BulletSim testing

Adams, Robert robert.adams at intel.com
Wed Nov 7 22:59:57 UTC 2012

I have been working on a Bullet based physics engine for OpenSimulator.  It is in a fairly stable state and works pretty well as a regular physics engine.

If you have the time and resources, I invite testing and stressing. The version checked into 'master' sources works on Windows and Linux both 32 and 64 bit. BulletSim is turned on my changing the physics engine selection in "OpenSim.ini" - change "physics=OpenDynamicsEngine" to "physics=BulletSim". That's it!

Brakages should go into Mantis (Category: "[REGION] Physics Engine", Physics Engine: "BulletSim"). I especially want vehicles to work - any input on what needs fixing or tuning would be great.

Thanks.

-- ra