[Opensim-dev] [Windows] possible intresting registery setting.

Nebadon Izumi nebadon2025 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 22:35:25 UTC 2012

that is a great idea about reverting for more testing, its always good to
be sure its just not a fluke, on the other hand I am not fully surprised
about Windows having TCP semi-crippled, Microsoft is notorious for doing
this on their Workstation/Desktop versions of Windows, as I recall they
justify doing it in the name of combating malware/virus and botnet
spreading, they limit how many connections a machine can make
simultaneously.

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 5:24 PM, R.Gunther <rigun at rigutech.nl> wrote:

>  I Agree its hard to test, because you need to restart the whole server
> and then regions are fresh started to.
> But something that where suprise. (can be dup luck to) is that i did not
> have much lag if i come close to some simborders.
> Especially samsara did create lag when i come to close. with result i
> crossed the border.  i have not seen it anymore for now.
> Same with my physics trains. before the registery key the where much
> faster in derailing. the ride now nice rounds.
> I need to revert the key next week and see what happens when its set to
> normal. (keep opensim version same)
>

> On 2012-11-05 22:51, Dahlia Trimble wrote:
>
> Can you describe the symptoms you are seeing that this registry setting
> corrects for you?
>

> On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 12:40 PM, R.Gunther <rigun at rigutech.nl> wrote:
>
>> Mijn sims zijn nu 4 dagen up met een aangepaste registery setting in
>> windows.
>> Het lijkt hier voor mijn gevoel even wat soepeler te lopen. Ik he aan
>> windows7 de volgende key toegevoegt.
>> "NonBlockingSendSpecialBuffering" Its also available for other windows
>> version, only location is slightly different in registery.
>> So, am curious what others think.  Here are some Microsoft KB articles
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/126967
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823764
>>

>> ALso because this, is opensim useing the push bit for tcp ? DOnt useing
>> the p[ush bit can give some problems with tcp,
>> That maby explains why this setting works better for me ? Keep testing
>> here......

Michael Emory Cerquoni