[Opensim-dev] strange code in object "Creator", "Owner", etc.

Robert A. Knop Jr. rknop at pobox.com
Fri Jun 15 18:54:45 UTC 2012

I've been out of it for a while.

I've set up my own grid (see http://opensim.phy.questu.ca), which is for
the most part working.  I'm using Robust.HG.ini.  I've commented out
ProfileServerURL in Robust.HG.ini, and have installed osprofiles.

If I log in with Imprudence (a V1 based viewer), everything is fine.

If I log in with Firestorm (a V2/3 based viewer), and edit an object,
in stead of the avatar name (e.g. Prospero Frobozz) under "Creator" and
"Object" in the edit window, I see

 x-grid-location-info://opensim.phy.questu.ca:997/app/agent/<uuid>

where <uuid> is the full UUID for Prospero Frobozz.

Note that on OSGrid, firestorm is working just fine-- regular avatar
names are showing up as the creator and owner of ofbjects.

I'm guessing I've done something batty in my configuration having to do
with Hypergrid and profiles, but I haven't figured out what.  Does
anybody have any ideas where I should be looking?

Thanks,

-Rob

--
--Rob Knop