[Opensim-dev] Multi-region OAR format

Robert Martin robertltux at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 22:07:43 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 5:37 PM, Justin Clark-Casey
<jjustincc at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Robert, I feel that load and save of multiple files simultaneously would be
> too fragile.  And as Oren said, it ends up wasting a lot of space and some
> processing time for data that is held in common between regions (e.g.
> assets).

not seeing what i was saying but it would also work if you had a
folder tree in the OAR setup as
Common Assets
Regions
and then inside the Region folder folders for each region (with any
assets NOT common)

then if you wanted to break out a single region you would just snag
the regions folder and compress that part (maybe also needing to do
the same to the Common Assets folder)

--
Robert L Martin