[Opensim-dev] Create user and spaces in the first and last names

SignpostMarv Martin opensim at signpostmarv.name
Wed Jul 18 00:26:37 UTC 2012

I think I've tinkered with this before. The problem you're likely to get
is standardising (c# code and SQL query/search code) on the separation
of first name & last name for legacy purposes (e.g. is first name always
one word or last name?). There's also any third-party services that work
on the assumption of First_Last. The example justincc cites is an
example of the standardisation issue (is the legacy name "Bob The"
Builder or Bob "The Builder".

I suppose a cludgy way around it would be to force the username to
"BobThe Builder" (two-word username) and have a display name default to
"Bob The Builder" ?

~ Marv.