[Opensim-dev] Avatar sinking into the terrain

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 17 23:24:07 UTC 2012

I'm afraid I can't help much.  I want to say that from previous discussions that with ODE this is due to the number of
data points in the heightfield (see OdeScene.SetTerrain), there being 256 in each dimension.

However, this is little more than half remembered scraps - I don't immediately see why a lack of terrain samples would
make the avatar sink - I would have thought the distance between heightmap points would be a smooth interpolation.
However, it might be another thing to play with though the amount of heightmap data available may be effectively fixed
by the SL system.