[Opensim-dev] OpenSim's direction after Linden cutting support, and the possibility of an official OpenSim viewer

GarminKawaguichi garmin.kawaguichi at magalaxie.com
Tue Dec 11 14:55:28 UTC 2012

I much prefer using Firestorm for OpenSim since developers have clearly
separated Opensim version from the SL one. Firestorm 431 31155 version
is very powerful and there are of course some lacks.
But Firestorm developers are very responsive and they opened a section
OpenSim in their Jira (successfully tested).

On the other hand, we can always think that people who have made a
server would be best placed to make a viewer. Except that this would
lead to a paradoxical situation where OpenSim developers ask Linden Lab
permission to use sources V2/3/4, keeping in mind that the issue of
licenses would remain the same that withthe SL viewer and the viewer
FireStorm.

As for building a viewer from scratch, as did our realXtend friends ....
it's difficult to gather enough people and get results in a significant
delay.

GCI