[Opensim-dev] FreeSwitch

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 11:22:06 UTC 2011

At 11:00 27/09/2011, Justin CCC wrote:
>Unfortunately, I also confirmed the fact that Freeswitch voice for
>an entire grid is not implemented, and that the
>instructions are misleading on that score.  I put a warning on the
>top of the page rather than change it completely.
>since the grid option will hopefully be implemnted some time in the future.
>
>However, Ai's section at the bottom suggests that even without the
>ability to run the Freeswitch service component as a
>ROBUST grid service, it's still possible to adjust the config in
>such a way that voice covers an entire grid.  However,
>I don't currently have the opportunity to try or elaborate on this.

If I understand you correctly, that's not what we have working Justin.

We run Freeswitch on a server and connect it with a ROBUST remote
connector for Openvue for all our OpenSim.exe instances (and hence
regions) on Openvue.  We get one separate FreeSwitch channel per region.

We can also use the same FreeSwicth server to serve regions on ANY
grid set up to use Freeswitch via the local connector in OpenSim.exe,
or the remote connector tying across to the Openvue ROBUST service.
We do that for our own hosted regions on OSGrid.

So if you meant grid wide voice so people can talk across regions..we
have not done that.  We should fix the wiki if my notes were misleading.