[Opensim-dev] Cleaned up freeswitch voice instructions

Markus Metzmacher info at secondlearning.de
Tue Sep 27 03:46:29 UTC 2011

Melanie is right. I use Freeswitch in Grid mode on my SecondLearning
Grid. I exchanged my IP address and domain with placeholders in my setup
below. B.m Settings are working (even the wiki says to use port 8004 in
Robust.ini, I have to use 8003 .....). The RemoteFreeswitchConnector is
used in the OpenSim.ini of each Region. My Grid was running with
0.7.1-REL (currently down for upgrade).

But to be honest - the quality of voice is not that good.

Robust.HG.ini (in my case Robust.32BitLaunch.ini)
OpenSim.Server.Handlers.dll:FreeswitchServerConnector,8003

[FreeswitchService]
     LocalServiceModule =
OpenSim.Services.FreeswitchService.dll:FreeswitchService
     ServerAddress = 127.0.0.1
     Realm = 127.0.0.1

OpenSim.ini
[FreeSwitchVoice]
     Enabled = true
     LocalServiceModule =
OpenSim.Services.Connectors.dll:RemoteFreeswitchConnector
     FreeswitchServiceURL = http://domain.tld:8002/fsapi

Regards
Markus