[Opensim-dev] Baked Texture persistence?

Neil Canham neil at knowsense.co.uk
Sat Sep 24 18:28:54 UTC 2011

I confess that I am puzzled.  I found this fantastic description from Mic of
how 0.7 appearance works
http://opensim-dev.2196679.n2.nabble.com/What-I-ve-Learned-About-AvatarAppearance-td5655933.html
and
it fits with what I see analysing the packets against 0.7.1.  So that seems
quite clearly to say that baked textures are never persisted, and that would
explain the slow rezzing and 'cloudiness' of avatars that I see regularly.
 However, the new npc code seems to require that a baked texture is
available to copy from. So are baked textures now persisted in the latest
code?