[Opensim-dev] Http Texture fetching 0.7.1

Neil Canham neil at knowsense.co.uk
Sat Sep 24 10:39:04 UTC 2011

Thanks for the reply - the problem with turning it off is that UDP is very
unreliable for delivering textures, and if any of the wearable textures
fails to be delivered properly, the bake will fail and the avatar will not
rezz at all.  Indeed somewhere in the release notes for 0.7 I remember
seeing something saying we should use HTTP textures as the way to solve
appearance issues.

Neil