[Opensim-dev] HTTP Server source code

Diva Canto diva at metaverseink.com
Wed Oct 12 13:26:09 UTC 2011

The HTTP server is one of those dark, ugly, scary corners of this
project. I'm not even sure I know all of its secrets. But here's what I
know. It started with  code that jhurliman and someone else had done. In
the process of using it, OpenSim devs found several bugs and submitted
patches to the upstream project, but the devs there were a bit too slow
integrating them (like they didn't act within the next day or
something...), so the OpenSim devs basically forked the project to the
point of no return. Within the past year I have also encountered bugs,
and I patched them in our fork.  But what's even worse is that the svn
repository where our fork lives has been showing signs of being
corrupted, so I haven't been able to push the changes there.

In other words, the latest version of that code is here on my machine!

This is *really* bad.

It's way up high on my priorities to move this to our git repo as soon
as I have time to code again -- which hopefully will happen in November.
But this move only takes us from hell to purgatory. It's a shame that we
forked the project and that we can't use the newest version of that
other project. So if anyone is brave enough to venture there, that would
be a major contribution...