[Opensim-dev] Updating attachment assets

Bo bo at s-grid.net
Mon Oct 3 07:19:27 UTC 2011

Hello,
i love to hear this speech about asset reduction. But i just wonder if it
would be not easier to have 2 table for assets. One fast for the actually used
assets (live table) and one slow for the less used (backup table)...

There is the access_time time value. So it could be easy to move the unused
assets to the backup table and if these requested again move it back to the
live table.

I don't think someone really needs to purge other than map tile assets so the
only thing why we really need this is have small "live asset" table for
performance reasons.

Thank you for reading, Bo

PS: LL has similar system, but unsure i i remember it right. It is long time
since i hears about it...