[Opensim-dev] OAR - Group Handling Across Grids

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 30 22:58:20 UTC 2011

Hi Austin.  OAR/IAR loading probably will end up ignoring/resetting the group by default, since it's difficult to
transport this data across at the moment.

I'm also away of the bug with changing the group of an object.  I'd like to deal with these but I'm swamped by other
things at the moment.  However, they are on my list.

Best,

Justin

On 30/11/11 09:30, Ai Austin wrote:
> Justin, a quick question.
>
> I had problems with group permissions when saving an OAR on one grid (MOSES) where I have to use a group for all objects
> and then when restoring the OAR on other grids (OSGrid and Openvue). The group name showed as "unknown" as of course the
> group UUID would not exist in the new grid environment... but what was worse was that I did not seem to be able to
> change the objects back to group "none" or to another specific group on the new grid.
>
> the alternative of somehow selecting all objects on a region and setting them to None before the OAR is saved is mostly
> not feasible due to autoreturn rules, or is very difficult to do at the viewer in a reliable way.
>
> I reported this on Mantis with a suggestion that save OAR or load OAR might be able to set the group to none on save or
> load whichever was easiest.
>
> http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=5668
>
> I am just about to start to look at this again to see if I can work out a proper route to get the OpenVCE OAR in its new
> tidier and better developed state off MOSES into a form I can distribute to others. Before I start I wonder if you have
> any observations that will help me, or if you think at some stage the save/load OAR to ignore the group seeing on
> objects is feasible?
>
> Best wishes, Ai (Austin)

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org/blog