[Opensim-dev] Problem with streaming audio and video, diva distro

M.E. Verhagen marceled9 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 09:57:10 UTC 2011

Could media on a prim be an alternative ?

Op zaterdag 26 november 2011 schreef Fleep Tuque (fleep513 at gmail.com) het
volgende:
> I believe this was already answered on the opensim-users list.  As Shaun
explained in the other thread, you are running a mega-region instead of 4
separate "regular" regions, and there are certain known issues with
mega-regions.
> I googled for "megaregion diva distro streaming" and the second hit has
this paragraph:
> One of the most interesting developments in Opensim lately have been
megaregions. Megaregions are non-standard “big” regions created by
combining several standard, 256×256 meters regions. For example, you can
combine four standard regions in a square to get a megaregion of 512×512 m.
Megaregions are very convenient because of several reasons: for example the
usual lag in region crossings disappears completely (since you are in the
“same” region), and the same is true of vehicles. On the other hand,
megaregion support is still experimental, and a number of things that work
in normal regions don’t work or work only partially in megaregions. For
example, you cannot define parcels outside of the SW region (this is due to
the way parcel maps work), and therefore you can’t have independent music
streams (for example) when x > 256 or y > 256.
> http://zonjacapalini.wordpress.com/2010/02/13/splitting-megaregions/
> Generally it's a good idea to make sure you've tried google and searching
the mailing list archives for answers to questions about opensim before
asking the lists, too - http://opensim-users.2152040.n2.nabble.com/.  If
you want to have 4 regular regions instead of a mega-region, the comments
on that post I linked above has some information and google may yield other
results as well.
> Best of luck,
> - Chris/Fleep
> Chris M. Collins (SL/OS: Fleep Tuque)
> Center for Simulations & Virtual Environments Research (UCSIM)
> UCIT Instructional & Research Computing
> University of Cincinnati
> 406A Zimmer Hall
> 315 College Drive
> PO BOX 210088
> Cincinnati, OH 45221-0088
> chris.collins at uc.edu
> (513) 556-3018
> http://ucsim.uc.edu
> On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 6:53 AM, Fokides Aegean <fokides at aegean.gr> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>

>> While experimenting with some simple scripts for playing mp3 files, I
stumbled upon the following problem.

>> I use 2 prims to change the music URL of a region, in order to play two
different mp3 files.

>> The first script is:
>>

>> default
>>
>> {
>>
>> state_entry()
>>
>> {
>>
>> llSetParcelMusicURL("");
>>
>> }
>>
>> touch_start (integer iTotalNumber)
>>
>> {
>>
>> llSetParcelMusicURL("http://my_web_server/sample1.mp3");
>>
>> }
>>
>> }
>>

>> While for the second script I only change line 9, with a different mp3
file.

>> All goes well in the first region (SW), I can hear the music and I can
also see that in the “About Land”, “Media” tab the music URL changes.

>> Unfortunately,  nothing happens on the other regions-islands, no music…
>>
>> In every region the option “Restrict gesture and object sounds to this
parcel” (About Land, Media) is not checked.

>> Experimenting a bit more, I also found that the same problem appears
when using video files in combination with Freeview Screen v1.2a. Video
files play fine in the SW island, but not in the other three.