[Opensim-dev] Supporting shell environment variables

Dahlia Trimble dahliatrimble at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 09:04:59 UTC 2011

Also, I'm pretty sure that for both *nix and Windows a process inherits a
*copy* of the environment from the parent process and can only change the
copy.. so unless that program spawns processes, it cant really manipulate
an environment that any other program will be able to see. I don't believe
there's any way for a program to manipulate an environment for the parent
process unless the parent process is specifically written to provide a
means for a child process to do so.