[Opensim-dev] Major issue with core code.

Marck marck00 at nexgo.de
Sun Mar 27 13:16:23 UTC 2011

The prim numbering used to change even when an object crossed a region border. This was fixed some time ago.

For an example how to circumvent this issue in a script, see http://forums.osgrid.org/viewtopic.php?p=10732#p10732. A more generalized solution of this can be found in thread "Single Script Color/Linkset Changer"; in both cases, the relevant function is named "getLinkNums". The basic idea is to put a label either in the linked prim's name or description field and then retrieve the proper prim number by searching for the label(s).